» Server Links
For Linking to Us
AvaMods
=|[76AD]|=
GameSpy Rangers
{DFH} Clan
AMX Mod X
DoD Plugins

DoD Plugins (http://www.dodplugins.net/forums/index.php)
-   Fun Plugins (http://www.dodplugins.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   DoD Instant Spawn (http://www.dodplugins.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1521)

dodsynthetic 01-30-2009 09:11 AM

DoD Instant Spawn

1 Attachment(s)
Syn's Instant Spawn v1.002

This plugin completely removes the spawn delay when you die. It allows for a more intense game and works on player death or when they type kill in console. Team switching instant spawns too. There are no problems with the HUD/weapons either as I found out what is needed to be set for fixing that. Gotta love viewing the memory of a live server. XD Anyway, I'm not sure if this has been done before but I searched and couldn't find anything so I made my own.

===========================
v1.002 Changes
- Fixed incorrectly sized arrays. Thanks go to Tank for spotting it. :D

v1.001 Changes
- Added fix for conflict with the me spec / secret spectate plugin.
- Altered timings.

CVARs
instant_spawn | 0 = off | 1 = on
- Enables or disables the instant spawn plugin. Default on.

Installation
- Compile the .sma file | An online compiler can be found here:
http:www.amxmodx.org/webcompiler.cgi
- Copy the compiled .amxx file into your addons\amxmodx\plugins folder
- Add the name of the compiled .amxx to the bottom of your addons\amxmodx\configs\plugins.ini

tom jones 02-03-2009 11:13 AM

Noice! ! !

Been looking for one and this one works great...... I love to see a few more new plugins coming out,,,, to help us older dod players to keep up with all the new games coming out,,,,, Thanks....

Ba5ic 02-03-2009 12:14 PM

Flawless as ever Syn.

Very nice work.

Tank 02-03-2009 02:29 PM

Agreed, been running this from the day it got launched and it works flawlessly. Especially handy dandy for me, as I somehow always get blown up the moment they cap out, so before I had to wait until someone got killed, now I just spawn with the hobo's :P

|OnEHiTwOnDeR|SoCal 02-03-2009 02:56 PM

Not flawless

If u decided to switch teams all of a sudden it sometimes glitches and spawns you with everything stripped.

Other than that very good plugin man.

dodsynthetic 02-04-2009 05:55 AM

I'll see if I can find out what might be causing that. I have found that it does need some additional checking/different method before choosing to spawing as it can double spawn a player. Though not end all, I'd rater not have it do that. The problem your seeing could be related. I also don't like the fact that changing class will respawn you. That will be fixed as well in the next update.

ComeBack 04-03-2009 09:26 PM

Running your plugin on a windows based DoD server, and for some reason, at random, not every time, and only when it concerns an admin on the server, respawn after death will cause a server crash

please help

edit: actually just seems to be random - not admin only related, anyone related, and completely random, disabled plugin has stopped the server crashes, so it is definitely this plugin

dodsynthetic 04-05-2009 03:37 AM

I'll be sure to look into this. Does it happen when the server is full? I mainly test all my plugins on my Windows/Linux dual boot server but also test on my GameServers server which is also Linux. These all run the latest versions of HLDS and AMXMODX. Anyway, I have an update in the works but it's not finished due to lack of free time.

dodsynthetic 04-29-2009 05:34 AM

Minor update to fix conflict with the me spec / secret spectate plugin and some timing adjustments. So far I haven't been able to reproduce the above two posted problems but will continue to see if I can.

dodsynthetic 05-21-2009 12:11 PM

New update. As usual, I forgot to size the arrays to accommodate the fact that player numbers are 1-32 and not 0-32. Thank you Tank and sorry for the 300mb log files. XD